“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”
Yes, that’s right
Are you looking at teaching online classes jobs are available now for you to apply for! An amazing company Simple International is currently seeking professional online teachers to join their amazing team teaching English online to Chinese kids aged 4-12 years.
Who are they?
Simple is linking the world through education by providing an international learning experience that allows you to teach Chinese children the English language from your home. Their mission is to inspire and empower every child for the future.
In 2014, Jason Qiao was confronted with an interesting dilemma. One of his friends had expressed an interest in traveling to China but explained that she could not afford the expensive airfare. Driven to find a solution, Jason began researching ways to fund her travel. He discovered that native English speakers willing to instruct Chinese students were in high demand, particularly from Chinese parents and schools. This was welcoming news to Jason’s friend as she was able to travel to China on the Chinese school’s dime and all she had to do was share her passion for the English language with students abroad!
Shortly thereafter, Jason and several of his friends started an organization called Simple International with the goal of helping native English speakers travel to China at no-cost by providing them with a teaching internship. Simple International is currently partnered with sixty Chinese schools and typically receives over two hundred applications per admission cycle. Now they have online classes for teachers from around the world. Have a look at their video below.
Why teach English Online?
I have been teaching English online from home since 2016 you can view my story of how I began and what’s needed to start your online teaching career here. What a journey it has been and totally worth it. What I like about teaching online is that the hours are flexible and I get to spend more time with my family, kids and attend their extra school sports activities as well as work on my online business which I first started doing free. You can read my article here. Best decision I ever made. I am recruiting for Simple. So why teach online?
- Hours are flexible – hours are flexible in alignment with China time zone. You can check your time zone hours here.
- Teach anywhere you are – It’s great because when I need to travel out of town as long as I have a stable internet connection I can still teach my classes.
- Great Pay – Part Time $15-$22 per hour while Enjoying teaching English to kids or help college students excel in their English Exams.
- Class types – Age varies from kindergarden K12 in one-on-one or small one-to-many settings.
How does it work?
- Submit your application – Tell us your teaching preferences and qualifications, we’ll match you with the opportunities based on the criteria and connect you with the schools.
- Interview with school – School will arrange an interview with you if interested and you can decide if you want to move forward with the opportunities.
- Get Hired – Once you pass the interview, demo, trial class, then you’re officially hired to teach!
Online Teaching Job Description
Simple International Online English Teaching Job: Up to $22 hourly
Teach English from home to Chinese kids aged 4-12, no degree required. TESOL or TEFL needed
The classes: 25-minute full immersion English language, 1 on 1 class or group classes.
Class time: 8:00am – 10:00pm Beijing time from Monday to Sunday.
Payment: $15 – $22/hour
Location: Conveniently teach remote from your own home.
What you need: all you need is a computer, a decent internet, and a headset. Classes are 100% English – no Chinese required!
1. Native American, British, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, Ireland preferred should you be living in South Africa or another county you would need to have one of the above passports. (Please only apply should you meet the requirements).
2.Must have at least one Teaching Certificate: TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/TKT/LOCAL TEACHER CERTIFICATE
3.Must have one year of teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
Start date: Immediately
Don’t hesitate to schedule your interview and demo NOW, start the new chapter in your promising Online Teaching Career from Simple International!
- Full Name
- Skype ID
- Phone no
- Teaching Certificate
- Link to your CV or Resume uploaded on google drive or dropbox
- Educational Background
- Years of teaching experience
- Link to your introduction video uploaded on google drive or dropbox
- Link to your availability form for weekly classes you will find directions here.
- Your referral Kay Keene
Questions and Answers
Where can I teach? – Any quiet place with a stable internet connection.
What devices do I need? – All you need is a computer, a decent internet, and a headset. My recommendations here.
How soon can I expect the reply after submitting my application form? – Our teacher recruitment team will contact you within 48 hours on weekdays after receiving your application form.
How is the interview conducted? – The interview is conducted via Zoom, Skype or Classin. We will provide you with the username and password upon your confirmation of the interview time.
How can I prepare for the interview? – We would like you to demonstrate your teaching skills and abilities by using the teaching materials we provide which will be included in the interview invitation.
Do I need to do any lesson plans? – Not necessarily, but you will need to prepare for each class with props, visual aids and other teaching tools that you may wish to use, and familiarize yourself with the teaching materials and the teaching platform.
How long is one lesson? – 25 or 50 minutes.
How many students will I be teaching in one lesson? – 1 or 4 or 30-40 students.
What is the class time? – 8:00 am – 10:00 pm Beijing time from Monday to Sunday. Check your time zone here.
How is my pay rate determined? – Based on your education-related experience and your performance in the demo, your hourly salary will be decided. You will be informed about the pay rate as well as other important issues considering your pay. And, the pay rate will be included in your contract.
How much can I earn? – Your salary will be a combination of base pay and incentive which largely depend on your performance.
How does the payment work? – You will be paid monthly via Paypal.
What about taxes? – Teachers will be hired as independent contractors and so will be responsible for their own taxes.
I am a resident of Canada; do I get paid in US dollars? – Yes, all teachers will be paid in US dollars.
How does the scheduling work? – We schedule lessons according to your available hours.
Tips and Tools
Be sure to prepare yourself well for your interview and demo as well as your regular everyday classes. As I have been teaching and interviewing for the past few years here are some tips to help guide you. You will be scored on the following:
- Appropriate Energy levels – smile praise and be excited
- Use of TPR (Total Physical Responses) – be natural and in a fluent manner
- Student output – be sure that your student responds well you want them to understand you and enjoy the lesson.
- Preparation of Usage of Tools – make sure to use a reward system and props I love to use Manycam, ManyCam is a free webcam software & screen recorder for your live streams & video chats you can purchase the upgraded version but I use the free version and it works great for all levels junior and adult.
- Appropriate talking pace & simplified instructions – speak slowly, clearly and in a simplified way.
- Good Time management – do not rush start and finish in a timely manner.
- Delivery of Learning Objectives – your goal is to achieve the lesson objective, vocabulary, sentence structure, and activities during the lesson.
- Professionalism – be sure to have excellent lighting without shadows, good camera position to show shoulders and above. Please make sure to have proper posture and appropriate clothing.
Wishing you the best
I hope that my tips and tricks will help you with your application to teach online classes. I wish you the best of luck with your interview and teaching career and look forward to you joining our team.
Click the link to apply for this job today.
“[Kids] don’t remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are.”